Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lately...

Well, I made it back.  Not sure how.  My flight was delayed and I missed my connection in Cincinnati.  They wanted to rebook me on a flight that left at 8pm.  Ummm... it was 2.  What was I going to do with Cameron in an airport for 6 hours?!?!  So, I just waited by the counter until they came up with other options.  They put me on a flight that would go to Minneapolis and then to Madison.  Only, when I got to the gate for Minneapolis, they said that it was wrong.  So, they rebooked me on a flight to Detroit and then to Madison.  I had about 20 minutes to make my connection and the Detroit airport is huge!  I prayed the whole time I was walking fast with Cameron in the stroller that I would make it.  And I did.

So, a long, hard day, but there were definite blessings:

1.  Cameron had his own seat on the first two flights
2.  We sat next to the nicest lady and her kids on the last flight
3.  My dad had given me cash, so even though there wasn't any time to get food in the airport, they had this little snack box I bought on the last flight
4.  Chad came to get me and waited a while for me.   He also brought me food and water-- I was dying of thirst!
5.  I didn't know until later (thanks for not telling me that day, Chad), but this is the day the plane went down in the Hudson.  Yeah.


So, I'm back.  We had our first ultrasound today and the sonographer says I'm measuring big-- meaning, I should be due earlier than I thought.  Wahoo!  So, I'm 12 weeks and 5 days, but I should be 14 weeks.  OK!

Here are some pics of the baby.







Profile



Ok.  So try not to be grossed out by my skeleton child.  He/she doesn't have any fat yet.



Covering his/her face




Other than all of this, things are going well.  Chad unofficially passed his prelims.  So, on to the next step... writing his proposal!  I'm working a janitor job at the Institute Building that's really good.  I can pretty much name my own hours and take Cameron with me.  I'm hoping I can keep it up for a while and not get too tired.  Funny thing is that I am really tired, but I haven't noticed as much as I did before cause I'm trying to keep up with Cameron.  And the sickness is almost gone, I think.  Cross your fingers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Shorter #2!!! (No wise cracks Chad)

Congrats on being further along than you thought.

Mom

shortino said...

the deuce

Ammieloris said...

Yay for feeling well and being distracted and growing a healthy baby!

Milena said...

Wow, I am 10 weeks along and I hope when I do my ultrasound they will say that I am 12 weeks along!!! hehehe Congratulation!

Melissa said...

Glad you got back. I hate flying, even without any drama, so I'm glad you were able to see the blessings in all the trouble you had with your flights. We're also glad things are going well with the pregnancy and the baby. Those 4D ultrasouns are always cool. Good luck with the job (I need to find something that I could bring Bryson along on to help out) and with Chad's proposal. You're in our prayers, but are glad to hear things are going well. Love ya!