This reminds me of two years ago when I was 5 months pregnant and we were flying home for Christmas. Madison had too much fog so no flights were going out. We could drive down to Chicago and hope to get a flight from there, but we knew our chances would be slim getting anywhere from Chicago. So, we hopped in the car and drove to VA. 17 hours. Ugh.
UPDATE: I just got a call from Chad that he and some friends (new friends he made in the airport) are splitting a rental car and driving the 9 hours to Madison. Oh man. Poor guy. He felt kind of dumb cause before they canceled the flight, they offered seats on a flight to Chicago (and that would have been about a 2 hour trip). But there was no reason for them to cancel the flight anyway (not that the passengers were told of), so he didn't know.
Anyway, that's been my Christmas, as of late. Below are some pics that my brother took when we all got together last Saturday. The next day, Chad and I drove to his parents' place a few hours away and stayed until yesterday afternoon.
I've had fun and will enjoy being here a few more weeks while Chad is at home studying for his prelims, but I know Cameron and I will miss him.
Study hard, Chad!




2 comments:
That is sad! My sister had the same problem flying from Baltimore to St. Louis on the 23. After having their flight delayed 6 hours it was canceled for an unknown reason and she had to sleep in the airport (luckily-or unluckily- it was 3 am and she only had to wait 3 more hours til the flight out). Crazy time to fly!
Cute pictures of your family. I like them - you should frame one of them. Glad Chad got home OK - even though it was eventful as usual. You guys need to move away from WI so that you don't have such issues with flights!!!
Post a Comment