Thursday, January 29, 2009

Something totally gross for your reading pleasure...

I put Cameron down for a nap around 12:15 or so and decided to lay down myself.  I haven't done this in a long time... actually laid down and closed my eyes, etc.  I don't think I slept.  Anyway, I was down for an hour and thought I heard Cameron.  So I got up and went to get him.  *Sidenote, Cameron is wearing a t-shirt today instead of a onesie.* Cameron held out his hands to me and there is poop ALL OVER THEM!  He had pooped and stuck his hands in his diaper and rubbed them all over his crib, some on the blanket, all over lion (his little blankie thing), etc.  So, I grabbed him and took him straight to the bathroom.  He was a little freaked out that I started a bath in the middle of the day and started crying.  I just explained that poop is really yucky and we don't touch it.  Since it was on lion, and on the part of lion that he holds near his face when he sucks his thumb (I almost vomited just thinking about this), I decided he should brush is teeth!

Now I'm doing a bunch of laundry.  I'm sure every mom has a story like this.  Cameron's done some pretty gross stuff, but this one was probably the worst (so far!).  I'm just glad my stomach isn't nearly as queasy as it was weeks ago!!

7 comments:

Jarom and Melissa said...

Where's the video???
hahahahah...

Jarom

Shanan said...

Oh the joys of motherhood. I love the poop incidents like that... I've had my share!!! I liked your speech to Cam that poop is yucky and we don't touch it!!! Awesome!

Martha said...

I almost vomited. That was gross, yet funny because I am not the one who had to clean it up!

Patience said...

I have to say, I don't have any "intentional" poop all over the crib stories. That is disgusting...and well worth posting about!

Shorter family said...

We went in after Maddie was making noise from waking up from her nap (she talks for a while when she wants us to go in, which is a nice alternative to crying) anyway she was only wear a shirt. I smelt something nasty and told Clay we needed to find a missing poopie diaper. I found it over in the corner and washed down everything she could have possibly sat on since her butt was still covered. I thought we were going to have to burn everything, but the smell finally went away. Good thing I was past the first trimester or I would have lost my cookies several times over!

Mel said...

seriously disgustingly funny! thanks for sharing! :) seriously...what we go through every day. makes you really appreciate what our mothers went through for us!

Jarom and Melissa said...

Totally gross! I so do not look forward to the days when Bryson's capable of such a thing. Yuck!
-- Melissa