We just got the internet, but it won't be hooked up until Thursday. So, stay tuned for some pics.
Otherwise, we're surviving. My sister, Katie, was here for 10 days and just left this morning. She was such a big help at taking a night shift with the baby, playing with Cameron, making meals, and doing dishes. It was so great to have her here... thanks so much, Katie!!
Charlotte is doing well... we're still working on sleeping and eating at regular times (really, what is "regular" to a 3-week-old?). Cameron is adjusting... semi-well. Some days are good, some are bad. He's still nice to the baby. Not always so nice to the rest of us. The kids have been in the same room and Cameron wakes up every time Charlotte does. And sometimes even more. Now that Katie's gone and not sleeping in the living room, I think we'll put Charlotte in there tonight and see how it goes. Hopefully a good night's sleep is most of what Cameron needs to be a normal, sweet kid again!
I keep waiting for the 6-week mark. I love this little girl more than anything. I really feel like I've bonded with her and I'm finding that waking up at night isn't as annoying as it was with Cameron (except when she wants to party at 2). But, I really did block out this part of Cameron's life. Did we wake him every few hours during the day when he was this little? Or did we let him sleep until he needed to wake up and eat? I really have no idea. So in a way, I feel like I'm doing this for the first time. I feel a little more confident in my abilities as a mom (and I'm not as freaked out about my role as a mom), but the techniques I'm trying seem all new. So that's why I've got the 6 weeks date marked on my calendar. I sure hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment by thinking it will all be magical after that... I think I'm a little more realistic than that. But I know things change quite a bit after that time. Babies start sleeping for longer stretches (and usually at night), they're more alert and start to smile... things that will make it seem worth all the hard weeks before.
Anyway, that's what's been going on. It'll be exciting to go back to church next Sunday (after Char is over 4 weeks old) and get out into the world again. And it'll be nice when Cameron starts sleeping (and allows us to sleep) more.
I'll post more later.
5 comments:
HOORAY FOR THE INTERNET!!! Glad you're back online :>
Mama T
It was nice seeing you at playgroup last week (albeit briefly). Looking forward to seeing you at Church too.
I had fun at your house...and can you believe I miss Cameron, even after he was a bungus to me half the time?! I guess it was because he was so sweet the morning I left...
I miss you guys & cutie Charlotte too. I sent you all the pics I took & I also updated my blog with a few of them too.
Love you.
It's kind of fun seeing someone else in the same stage we are. Okay, so maybe 'fun' isn't quite the right word... It sounds like your Charlotte might be a little harder than our Kylie at this point in time, but who knows. It's all a blur, right?
Happy Anniversary you two - thinking of you today.
-Love Kess
Post a Comment