
We get multiple dozens of eggs from WIC every month. Since Cameron gets WIC checks and I get them because I'm pregnant, we have eggs out the wahzoo. I have a hard time finding good recipes for eggs and sometimes skip them on the WIC check because I know I have three dozen in my fridge at home.
We do a pretty good job of eating most of them. I've been making breakfast more than I used to. This includes scrambled eggs, german pancakes, egg bakes (really, this only happened like once... it took too long to cook and I got annoyed!), etc. But I'm still looking for THE egg recipe.
Well, I decided today was a good day to make deviled eggs. This is the reason for this post. While I was filling the eggs, after mixing the shmear, I started to taste some of the eggs and I was in heaven. Truly people. What is it about deviled eggs that makes them so good? And that begs another question... why haven't I been using these eggs for egg salad (which is basically deviled eggs on a sandwich) for lunch?!
If you go to the Incredible Edible Egg website, you will find numerous facts about the egg. Go on... quiz yourself! I got most of the answers wrong. I thought eggs were way more fattening than they are. Plus, there's a lot of protein in each egg.
So, after reading this post and visiting the website, I hope you have been just a little bit more turned on to eggs. I know I have!!
8 comments:
I here ya, we always have a gazillion eggs,too. I am excited it is Easter season and we can make some of them pretty! I also have a great love for deviled eggs, don't know what it is?!
-Shorter
We have lots of eggs as well. Same story about WIC and I will not get them some checks because we still have them in the fridge. When Logan's mom was here, she made a lot of the hard boiled. It was great. Logan likes them as a snack and sometimes on sandwiches (I didn't make them for him, his mom did once again). Sometimes we will have egg sandwiches on bagels with cheese. Just a few ideas.
I really liked potato salad growing up and we would have it during eater time when there was hard boiled eggs around. But I had it last Easter while being pregnant and I'm not so sure I will like it anymore. I guess it's true that pregnancy can ruin some foods.
I love the deviled eggs! Thanks for this post because I currently have 3 dozen eggs in my fridge! Not sure how that happened!
first of all, you're good. i cancelled my WIC when the stupid lady poked my son to many times to check his iron.. what is the saying? pride begatteth the fall? (not even close? i have no idea...)i have an egg recipe for you:
6 eggs
1 c. milk
1 c. flour (white works best, but a wheat mix works ok)
1/2 tsp. salt
2 TBS butter (melted)
preheat oven to 400, melt butter and grease 9X13 pan
combine all ingred. (minus of course the butter) and mix WELL
pour into pan and bake for 20 mins. (they will puff huge!)
top w/ confect. sugar, OR lemon juice, OR syrup, strawberries, etc... (called dutch pancakes)
they are super yummy, and so freakin fast! we have these all the time...
best served hot!
oh, and on the biggest loser, the contestants eat boiled eggs every morning w/ fruit... (im just saying, if it works for tara, maybe it will work for my baby weight....)
I love deviled eggs, too! Mmm... All that creamy miracle whip or whatever it is makes them so yummy! Fun & unusual post!
Ginnie--
Forget the deviled eggs...go straight for the POUND CAKE!!! I have a recipe that calls for 8 eggs and the result is divine!
I LOVE deviled eggs. My bro-in-law and I can totally down the whole batch by ourselves at family gatherings. heh heh heh
Post a Comment