Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Our new baby

Well, you might have heard the rumors...














And here's our baby...











So a few weeks ago, Chad mentioned to me that he thought we should have 4wd because of all of this snow. I guess he was a little nervous about me driving...me?!?! I'm an expert now.

Well, that spurred some major thoughts/contention/searches/you name it. We found a 2001 Nissan Xterra on craigslist and saw it last Saturday. It's in great shape and was washed up really nice when we saw it. We decided we wanted it...there were also two other people interested that were looking on Sunday. So, we called on Sunday night and said we wanted it. We picked it up today (it's not as clean and polished-looking, but I guess it has been in the snow and salt for a few days).

I have to go to the DMV tomorrow and get new plates....AND pay our life savings in taxes. What a piece of poo (did I say that out loud?!). I just think it's ridiculous how much you have to pay on top of what you pay for the vehicle. Anyway, I'm done.

So, it's our new car. We're going to wait until the Summer to sell the sedan we have. It'll look a whole lot better then when all the snow is gone!

9 comments:

Katie said...

Your baby is a LOT darker than you...must come from Chad's side of the family.

Just kiddin'! You know I'm green with envy...enjoy it. I liked my Nissan. 'Twas a good car.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new baby -- which birth was easier -- X-t or Cam?

Mama T

Clay said...

I likey. I'm a big fan of the Xterra. Is it the V6 variety? It's too bad y'all have had so much snow. You should have moved to New Haven, we could have worn Dad's banana boots with out the galoshes all winter and would have had no problems getting around. Oh well. Looks good. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

So fun! We have been talking about looking into getting another vehicle. Just something that runs though, nothing fancy. We realized that in September Clay will have to take the car to his rotations and that will leave Maddie and I stranded for the next 14 months. I still think we should just get Clay a scooter or something. :)
-Jessica

shortino said...

how about roller skates? i hear the fisher price kind are pretty smooth.

Unknown said...

Oh! I love X-terra's! We had a 2001 as well, and we loved it!! We would have kept it, but alas, we didn't want the car payment! You will have so much fun in it! Congrats!

Shanan said...

I think it's a good pick! I'm a little jealous too - but with gas prices on the rise there's no way Jake will let me get anything with 4-wheel drive!!! Hope the car sells quickly for you.

Liz said...

You got me all hot and bothered for nothing! Glad you feel safer. If you want to move to Texas and be by us then you won't have to worry about the snow.

Mandi said...

He/She's beautiful! And it looks especially good in that particular spot in the parking lot. I can't wait to see it when Chris and I get home!