I was pretty ok with things last night. Mom left and I felt like I had a handle on things here at home. That was until she called me from the airport. She had a long layover, so I told her she could call me if she got bored. We just chatted for a little while, but after we hung up I cried. It's ok...it was my daily dose of hormone release. But our phone call made me miss her a lot...I can't remember the last time I missed her so much. And she had only been gone for a few hours. And she'll be back here in a few weeks for Cam's blessing.
So then I was scared again. Of course, I think it's Satan that wants me to be terrified of being a mom. So I need to let go of the fear and embrace the newness of it all.
Cam slept in 4+ hour stretches last night! I was so proud! It took a while to get him back to bed this morning, but it was such an accomplishment. I was so shocked that I kept waking up at the time he should've been getting up to go check on him. But he was still fast asleep. Let's hope tonight is that way, too.
I think it's funny that the milestones in my life now are how long Cameron will sleep through the night. Or how much he'll eat in one sitting. Or how long he stayed awake staring at the wall. It'll be neat, though, to see him grow and change and become more of a little man.
No comments:
Post a Comment